Is Cardio Tennis right for You?
- Do you enjoy playing tennis or want to get started with the sport?
- Are you looking for a unique cardiovascular workout that incorporates those desires in a group setting?
- Are you looking to replace or supplement your traditional fitness routine in the gym or in other group exercise classes?
- Have you always wished you could play tennis while listening to high energy music pumping through the loudspeakers? If so, Cardio Tennis may be right up your alley!
Cardio Tennis is a high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout. It is a very social and fun class for players of all ability levels taught by a tennis teaching professional. If you've never played tennis before it is a great way to be introduced to the sport and if you are an experienced high level tennis player it is the best way to train for tennis. Most classes have mixed ability and some facilities offer classes which are more specific to ability/fitness level. However, regardless of ability or fitness level the tennis professional is trained to provide the ultimate workout for each person. A TRUE CARDIO TENNIS WORKOUT IS TYPICALLY 6-8 PLAYERS PER COURT, USING THE AGILITY LADDER, **TRANSITION BALLS, MUSIC AND HEART RATE MONITORS
The purpose of Cardio Tennis is to:
- Train in your heart-rate zone
- Burn Calories
- To train for TENNIS
Cardio Tennis is a safe and healthy workout environment because:
- It includes a proper warm-up and cool down just like other group fitness classes. The Cardio Tennis warm-up includes dynamic movement, tossing and catching skills and light hitting. The cardio portion is about 30% drills (to get all the strokes grooved) and 70% games (may or may not keep score). Every class finishes with a cool down WHICH INCORPORATES FUN TENNIS SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES AND GAMES TO BRING the heart rate down and flushing the system of metabolic waste.
- The use of the heart rate monitor also makes it a safe workout. The heart rate monitor gives the coach and the player instant and accurate feedback which ensures the coach can provide the appropriate workout for each individual. THE HEART RATE MONITOR ELEVATES THE FITNESS PROFILE OF THE CARDIO TENNIS SESSION
- The skill of the tennis professional also makes it safe and healthy as he/she has been trained on how to work with different ability levels, feed the ball for different skill level and how to raise or lower a player's heart rate.
The typical Cardio Tennis program is 60 minutes and includes:
- 5-10 Minute Warm-Up Segment
- 40-50 Minute Cardio segment
- 5-10 Minute Cool Down Segment
Cardio Tennis is first and foremost a fitness program. It is more about getting people moving and active and less on hitting great forehands and backhands. In Cardio Tennis the goal is to train in the zones for 30- 50 minutes in a 60 minute workout; the only way to determine this is by using a heart rate monitor. The heart rate monitor is the most accurate way to measure a participant's heart rate. It will help you attain your goals whether it is weight loss, improve fitness or maintain fitness.
Most Cardio Tennis classes will be made up of mixed ability but you will get the appropriate workout because the tennis professional is skilled at creating the right challenge for a player's ability level and fitness level. The use of transition balls equalizes the playing field and ensures a great workout. In classes of 6-8 people most women burn 300 to 500 calories per hour and men burn between 500 to 1,000.
Learn More About Cardio Tennis
To learn more about where you can play Cardio Tennis and the great health benefits the program provides, be sure to visit the Cardio Tennis WebsiteGo to CardioTennis.com